Why IBPS PO?
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE PO/MT-VII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement
1. Educational Qualifications:A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
(1) All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 05.09.2018.
Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 05.09.2018 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
(2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
2. Nationality / Citizenship:A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
3. Age (As on 01.08.2017):Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1987 and not later than 01.08.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|Sl. no.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|3.||Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 Years|
|4.||Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned
Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers(SSCOs) who have
rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of
assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed
within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than
by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency
or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
|5.||Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir
during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
|6.||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
(i) The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above in Point No. II (3) to II (6).
(ii) The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
(iii) Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
(iv) In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of reemployment in Government ceases.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30 Questions||30 Marks||60 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35 Questions||35 Marks|
|Reasoning Ability||35 Questions||35 Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 Marks||60 Minutes|
|English Language||35 Questions||40 Marks||40 Minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35 Questions||60 Marks||45 Minutes|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40 Questions||40 Marks||35 Minutes|
|Total||155 Questions||200 Marks||180 Minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2 Questions||25 Marks||30 Minutes|
1. The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. The tentative list of
Examination centres for the Preliminary exams and those for Main exams is available in Annexure II.
2. No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
3. IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
4. IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
5. Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
6. Any unruly behaviour/misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from this exam and also from future exams conducted by IBPS.
IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Syllabus:The preliminary examination of IBPS PO exam 2018 will comprise of Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. Here is the detailed syllabus:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para Jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
IBPS PO Mains syllabus:The Mains Examination of IBPS PO exam 2018 will constitute of 4 sections: Reasoning + Computer Awareness, English Language, Data Analysis & General/Economy/Banking Awareness. The complete syllabus is discussed below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||English Language||General Awareness||Computer Awareness|
|Simplification||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Percentage||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Computer Abbreviation|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Mixture and Allegations|
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary|
|Online Examination – Preliminary|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main|
|Online Examination – Main|
|Declaration of Result – Main|
|Download of call letters for interview|
|Conduct of Interview|
|Allahabad Bank||Andhra Bank||Bank of Baroda||Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Canara Bank||Central Bank of India||Corporation Bank||Dena Bank||IDBI Bank|
|Indian Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab National Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Syndicate Bank||UCO Bank||Union Bank of India||United Bank of India||Vijaya Bank|
How To Apply?
The steps to apply only for IBPS PO exams have been explained below:
1. Candidates should register first for exam by entering their personal details, contact number, email ID etc.
2. After registration, applicants should upload their scanned photograph and signature as per dimensions.
3.In the next step, they need to enter their academic details, preferences of banks, language proficiency, category, number of attempts, choice of exam cities.
4. Candidates should preview the application form to ensure that the details entered by them are correct.
5. Applicants should pay the requisite fees and submit application form.
6. Take print out of application and copy of fee receipt.
IBPS PO Admit Card
Step 1: The candidates for downloading the IBPS Admit Card 2016 will have to click the link hosted on this page.
Step 2: A new login window will open, the candidates will have to enter their credentials such as Registration No and Password/Date of Birth for downloading the IBPS Admit Card 2016.
Step 3: The candidates need to press the “Submit” button
Step 4: The Admit Card of IBPS 2016 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: The candidates after checking all the details, should press the “Download” button for downloading the Admit Card.
Step 6: Save and take a print out of the Admit Card for further reference.
IBPS PO Vacancy
IBPS PO Selection Procedure
The IBPS PO selection process consists of 3 phases (preliminary, mains and interview) and the candidate must qualify each of them to proceed to the next phase. Mentioned below are the important steps of the IBPS PO Recruitment Process:
1. Online Preliminary Examination:An adequate number of candidates in each category are shortlisted by IBPS depending upon requirements for Online Main Examination
2. Online Mains Examination:Candidates must qualify the sectional as well as overall cutoff in the main exam to be eligible for interview.
3. Interview:Interview will be conducted by the Participating Organizations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS
4. Final Result:The Final result is declared on the basis of candidates combined performance in IBPS PO Mains and Interview Rounds.
IBPS PO Previous Year Cutoff Marks
IBPS PO Mains 2017 Cut off
IBPS PO 2016 Cut off (Mains & Prelims)
|Prelims(Out of 100)||47.50||46.50||40.00||31.25||32.75||31.50||18.00|
|Mains (Out of 200)||52.50||52.50||41.75||31.50||34.00||37.50||37.00|
How To Prepare?
SBI PO usually are conducted in between June-July of every year and is considered as the toughest banking exams. So you need to be more focused and organised towards your Preparations.
Few important points to be considered during the preparation of SBI PO exams are as follows:
• Exam pattern and syllabus: knowing the complete syllabus of the examination including the weightage of questions from each topics. Usually pattern of PO exams keeps on changing so it is important to keep yourself updated about the latest pattern of the examination.
• Make a list: prepare a list of topics according to your convenience and your proficiency about them:
Topics with which you are familiar and can solve it easily.
Topics with which you are familiar but require time solving it.
Topics with which you are familiar but it is difficult for you to solve.
Topics with which you are completely unaware.
Focus more on the topics which are your weak points so that it doesn’t hamper your marks during examination.
• Take mock test and practice sets: this tells you where you are currently at your preparation level and also helps in improving your speed and accuracy. Try our free and paid mock test to prepare yourself.
• Classes: self study is the most important factor in any exam preparation.
• videos: topics related videos helps you preparing the topics more comfortably and is easily understandable.
• shortcuts tricks: learning new tricks for solving the problem fast is one of the finest method for preparation.
• dedication: keep yourself motivated and dedicated towards your goal of clearing the SBI PO 2018 EXAM.
Best of Luck !!!
IBPS PO Exam Faq's
Ques. What is the education/age criteria for applying to IBPS PO 2017?
Ans: The age of the candidates should be in between 20 to 30 years and must be a graduate in any discipline.
Ques. Is pre-exam training conducted for all the registered candidates?
Ans:No, pre-examination training is conducted only for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities.
Ques. I have entered my category wrongly, how can I correct it?
Ans: Candidates can make changes in the data only before final submission. No changes will be entertained after final submission of online application form.
Ques.I have submitted more than one IBPS PO application form, will I get admit card for the exam?
Ans: Yes, candidates will be issued admit card. In this case, exam conducting body will consider the last application form duly filled.
Ques. Can a final year degree candidate apply for the exam?
Ans: Candidates in their final year of graduation cannot apply for the exam since candidates need to enter the percentage of marks obtained in graduation while registering for the exam.
Previous Year Paper